.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Lazy Friday

I could not sleep last night. I got up and worked on a crossword puzzle until 4 a.m. -- and I don't even like crossword puzzles! I finally rolled out of bed around 9. At 10 I got a call asking me to give a reference for a colleague. I was pleased to be able to recommend her enthusiastically.

In the afternoon we went to a small party at a friend's house. She has a beautiful home on a pond in Brewster. That was pleasant. The house was made from a log-cabin kit and later expanded. It made me think about building a similar log home in Asheville, if we can find some land with a good view.

This evening we have to pack for the trip to New Hampshire tomorrow. We are gathering with a lot of friends and family for a commitment ceremony for Matthew and Tabatha. They asked me to perform the ceremony, which is quite an honor. I am looking forward to the ceremony and to the party afterward. We will be camping in a campground on a lake in New Hampshire. That should be fun.


(263/172)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home