.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

It's not the heat, it's the humidity!

It was hot and steamy on Cape Cod today. Everybody was talking about it. The heat was only about 85, but the humidity was more like 98, so it felt very uncomfortable. We finally broke down and bought a small window air conditioner for our bedroom, where it has been too hot to sleep lately. Everyone says you don't need air conditioning on Cape Cod. They also say it never snows on Cape Cod. This proved both aphorisms wrong.

I went to yoga and did some work at my office today. I attended a union meeting to hear about the proposed new contract, and then -- as I said -- I went to Sears and bought an air conditioner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home