.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Another Beach Run

Even though it was in the high 80s today -- or perhaps because of it -- I ran to Corporation Beach, went for a swim and ran back. It is the most enjoyable way of running five miles I can imagine. It just feels great. I was very thirsty at the beach, so I stopped my the snack bar there and asked if they could spare a piece of ice. The nice girl behind the counter asked if I would like a cup of ice water, and I said that would be great. That really helped me a lot.

Earlier in the day we took the big van into the Ford dealer for repairs. They called back and said it is going to cost about $1,000 all together. Isn't it always like that with cars? Apparently it needs new upper and lower ball joints. I didn't even know it had upper and lower ball joints, but they need to be replaced. It is a 1991 model with more than 100,000 miles, so I should not be surprised at repair bills.

I also did some gardening. I weeded the veggie garden and harvested four summer squash and a big basket of green beans. They should be delicious.

(Running: five miles)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home