.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Great day!

Today was a great day. I suspect it is because I meditated, did yoga and went for a run. I also did some writing (if only an academic memo) and had a nice walk in the woods with a good friend.

In the morning I got up early and meditated. Then I had breakfast and got on my motorcycle to deliver some more paperwork to the lawyer handling our refinancing. Will the paperwork never end? Then I went into my office and took care of miscellaneous business, including a prospective student who wants to be exempted from taking journalism. I am trying to talk her into taking it. Then it was time for yoga class. It was very challenging. We did the fish pose, which I found quite intense. After yoga, Ann and I walked over to Subway for a sandwich and then walked back on a trail through the woods. We found a side trail that led around the perimeter of the college. It was very interesting. We managed to walk for nearly an hour altogether. We talked about walking through the woods when we were children, and how much we enjoyed it. After that I wrote a memo to the mat department about a program I heard about at Virginia Tech that I thought we might be able to use here. Then I rode the motorcycle back home again. It is always fun to take that 15-mile ride down the historic Old King's Highway through Cape Cod's historic district. Then Alison and I ran to Corporation Beach and Back. I went for a swim, but she only waded in to her knees. In any case it was a very enjoyable run. Then I kind of grazed for dinner -- mostly fruit and yogurt -- and watched a little TV. Then I took a bath before bed.

After my bath, Barbara showed me the slide show she created from our trip to California last week. It included a shot of me after running the wonderful trail under the Golden Gate Bridge. Since I recently figured out how easy it is to add photos to this blog, I decided to add it in to the posting titled "San Francisco" back on July 9.

All in all, that is what I consider a great day!

(Running: five miles)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home