.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Good Morning Routine

This morning I did what I should be doing every day. I woke up at 6 and meditated for 20 minutes. Then I did some exercises, had breakfast, went for a run and then took a shower. I only had time to run up to the park and back -- about two-and-a-half miles. When I follow this morning routine I always have a good day. Yesterday I was in a bad mood most of the day, and it was probably because I skipped my morning routine. The meditation and running make me much happier.

At 9 a.m. I met with Rob Conery, whose manuscript I edited. We had a very good talk. He sounded grateful for my suggestions. At my urging, he plans to add an element of conflict to his novel. He also paid me well for my work, which was a delight.

In the afternoon, Barbara and I worked on cleaning up the garage. We started breaking down all the old cardboard boxes we had in the garage, and there were plenty. Somehow we had about 15 in the main part of the garage, and another 15 stored up in the rafters. I don't know why we decided to save boxes from every piece of electronics we ever bought. We had the box from the TV we bought a year ago, and we also had the box form the one we bought before that, about 15 years ago. We got rid of all the boxes and the Styrofoam packing blocks too. That was great. I can finally find my workbench again.

After that I went with a run with my running buddy Alison. We ran to Corporation Beach, went into the water and than ran back again. At first she wasn't going to go in, but she finally gave in and jumped in too. She agreed it was lots of fun.

All in all, a great day!
(Running: seven-and-a-half miles)
(200/167)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home