.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Flying back home

This was a long day. We caught the 8 o'clock shuttle to the airport, and we got on a 10 o'clock flight to Minneapolis. Flying across South Dakota and western Minnesota, I was struck by the regular rectangles of the farms below. We had a meal in the Minneapolis airport and then caught a 6 p.m. flight that arrived in Providence at about 11 p.m. It would have been only 8 p.m. Pacific time, but the clocks got ahead of us flying east. It was 1 a.m. Eastern time by the time we got home again on Cape Cod, and we were exhausted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home