.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Cape Cod to Pennsylvania

Today we got up at 4 a.m. with the hope of getting on the road by 5. We actually hit the road at 4:45. We traveled a little more than 500 miles in about 10 hours. Lunch was at a Perkins in Wilkes Barre, Pa. When we arrived at the Days Inn in Chambersburg it was very hot -- about 90 degrees. Nevertheless I went for a run. I only ran for about half an hour, so I figure it was about three miles. I ran to a beautiful municipal park and back. The park had the largest swimming pool I have ever seen. When I got back to the motel I jumped into the motel's much smaller swimming pool. In the evening we went to a Pizza Hut for dinner and drove around Chambersburg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home