.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day

8 a.m. Monday: Last night on "60 Minutes," Andy Rooney presented a commentary that was uncharacteristically serious. He suggested that on Memorial Day we should not remember those who have died in wars but we should remember the children who will die in future wars unless we change our way of thinking and remove war from our vocabulary. It was very powerful. He is a World War II veteran himself, making it all the more meaningful.

Next week I will start teaching a course in "Internet Communication." I want to emphasize the latest technology. I think I will ask every students to keep a blog and post the things they learn. I should do the same. I might switch to a special blog just for that purpose.
145/175
Running 3 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home