.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Good Saturday

9:30 p.m.: I ran twice today. I got up early, and Vivi and I had our regular 7 a.m. run. We did a longer run this time, though, the whole "Playhouse Loop" for about four miles. Then, after a shower, I went into the office and graded my on-line assignments. There were something like 27 of them, so it took me about five hours, but I got them all done. When I was finished Alison asked if I wanted to go for a run with her, which I did. So we did a five-miles down to the boardwalk at Gray's Beach. That was a beautiful run.
In the evening we went out to dinner at Capt. Frosty's, a great seafood place nearby. Then I went to Hyannis and picked up a CD. I heard a song, "Dream Cafe" by Greg Brown, on the radio a couple of days ago, and I couldn't get it out of my mind. I haven't bought a CD in years, but I really wanted this one. It turns out it was recorded in 1992. I drove home and played it and loved it. It is categorized as folk music, but it is heavily influenced by the blues. He is a great songwriter with evocative imagery.

(150/174)

running: 9 miles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home