.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Very Busy Monday

Monday was amazingly busy. I didn't even have time to write in my blog.
Let's see. I got up at 6 and meditated (good for me). Then I took Justin to work and Jessi to school. I got ready for my mass communication class, and then updated the online class, went to the school newspaper meeting, and then prepared for College meeting. At the meeting I had to make three different committee reports since I serve on three different committees.
During the presentation for the NCBI (National Coalition Building Institute), I added a spontaneous tribute to my colleague and teammate Jeanmarie that stimulated a round of applause for her from the whole group. That was a special moment, and I think it made us all feel very good.
I had to leave the meeting before it ended to pick up Justin so we could both go pick up Mom's car, which is finally out of the shop. It cost $900 to buy her a used transmission. Yikes!
Today (Tuesday) I need to continue my focus on the on-line update)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home