.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Bronchitis Day Seven (On the Radio)

11:30 a.m.: After gargling with salt water and drinking tea with honey, I did my bit on the radio talk show this morning, and I think it went fine. The half hour went by very quickly. The host, Mindy Todd, and the other guest, Linda Corcoran, Sunday editor of the Cape Cod Times, were both friendly and well-informed. We talked about the importance of public access to public records not just for journalists, but for the general public. It was fun.
I heard from my wife, Barbara, who is still stranded in Virginia, trying to make her way to North Carolina. This morning they are replacing the wheel bearings and master brake cylinder in the van. Then she hopes to be on her way for the last three hours to Asheville. I feel so helpless up here unable to do anything to assist her.
My blood sugar was high this morning, but that is because I drank tea with honey last night to try to rehabilitate my voice.
(210/172)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home