.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Mindful Sunday

10 a.m.: I want so much to be completely healthy, but something is still not quite right. This morning the conjunctivitis had spread from my right eye to my left eye, and I had a cough. Uh oh. I used alcohol swabs to wipe down my keyboard and the doorknobs. I have been washing my hands frequently.

I will relax and take it easy today and see how I feel tomorrow.

noon: Just thinking... I need to get back on track. I need to get more productive to accomplish the things on my to do list. The best way to do that is to roll out of bed at 6 a.m. and get right on my cushion and meditate. Then I can hit the ground mindfully and accomplish more. I think I should check my list of things to do each evening and set one top priority for the next day. Maybe I should start thinking of tomorrow's top priority.

11 p.m.: I have figured out tomorrow's top priority. It is my on-line class. I need to update the Web site and send the class another message. But before I get to that I need to start off the morning by preparing for my morning class. I will need to print out the lesson plan and weekly quiz for the mass communication class. And, of course, I have a long list of things to do. But tomorrow I will focus on updating the on-line class.

The sangha this afternoon was beautiful. We had a large group -- 20 people, but it was the quality, rather than the quantity that pleased me most. I think it was a period of deep and profound practice. I was happy to be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home