.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Thawing Thursday

7:15 a.m.: We had another good three-mile run this morning amid melting snow.
Last night, around 11 p.m., I had another incident of low blood sugar. I had to get up and eat. I guess it is a sign of the effectiveness of the new medicine I am taking. It has brought down my chronic high blood sugar, and now I will have to reduce some of my medication to avoid it going too low. I think I will cut back on the glucophage with dinner and see how that goes. My physical already suggested I would be able to reduce the oral medication when I started the Byetta.
My night class tonight is canceled. That will make this a much easier Thursday than usual.
7:15 p.m.: Well, no it still wasn't an easy day. I got discouraged becasue I gained two pounds at Weight Watchers, instead of losing weight, as I should have. That kind of soured my outlook. But I made it through the day, and I know I have it a lot better than most people. I'll try to remember that when I have a hard day.
(126/174) Running: 3 miles

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy C. said...

My mom has had trouble regulating her blood sugars also - she is newly diagnosed...I guess it takes a while.

Running in the melting snow sounds positively invigorating!

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home