.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Gift-wrapping Tuesday

7 a.m.: I plan to wrap a lot of gifts today, as well as warping up a lot of grading.
I did even more thinking about compassion yesterday. I hope I can make it a better part of my life. I have done my morning meditation for a week now, and it sure feels wonderful.

9 a.m.: Uh oh, my blood sugar was too high this morning (245). I guess that may be because I ate some malted milk balls last night while grading. It was only three or four, but it probably did me in. I have to get control of that impulse. I just cannot eat sweets.

9:30 p.m.: Well I did wrap a lot of presents early in the morning. I did a lot of grading at work too. I also got the oil changed in the van and came home and finished up all the grading, except the mass communication class, which has its final tomorrow.

(245/170)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home