.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Day of Mindfulness


Sunday is a day of mindfulness for me. I slept late and then spent some time preparing for the discussion group on the Fourteen Mindfulness Trainings. I typed out the opening ceremony, so others could help me with it.

The discussion group and the regular sangha after it went very well. We had 14 people. Unfortunately my head cold is still bothering me, and I lost my voice near the end of the sangha.

It's early to bed tonight.
(220/171)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home