.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Friday, November 25, 2005

Leftover Day

It all started out with leftover apple pie, followed by a little pumpkin pie, and it was all downhill after that, with nothing nutritious to speak of all day. Well, I did have a banana and some Kashi cereal, which is good for me. And I even tasted some of Barbara's homemade turkey soup, which is nutritious, I am sure. I generally eat vegetarian, but I made an exception for chicken soup on my doctor's advice, when I was recovering from bronchitis. I figured this is one more exception worth making. I plan to get back on track tomorrow. Down in Asheville Ben, Wolf and Brandon had a duck instead of a turkey, so they made -- of course -- duck soup. But every time someone mentioned it, we all giggled. It guess it is the Marx Brothers movie that makes that phrase sound so funny.

This evening I did spent two hours grading papers. I have a stack of five-page research papers, and they take a long time to grade. I'll be at it all weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home