.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Andrea Holden Race

I went to the annual Andrea Holden Race this morning, but only as a spectator. I usually run it, but today I just watched. It was fun to see my friends run. My buddy Joe Navas won the race in 15:58, which is an excellent time. That's Joe's picture on the left. He was my student and editor of the school newspaper last year. Joe is not only a great runner, but a talented journalist and a talented artist and musician too. He was nearly a minute ahead of the second runner. I also saw Alison, Jack, Scott, Gene, Joanne and lots of other friends. I rode my motorcycle over to Corporation Beach, where it begins and ends. It was mighty cold on the bike.

I spent the mid-day just being lazy. I've got to start grading again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home