.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving Eve

My blood sugar remains too high -- even before the pumpkin pie! I think it is the lack of running. I will resume running as soon as we have a mild day. Unfortunately, they are predicting snow tomorrow.

On the way into work I stopped to pick up shirts at the laundry. The printer at the clerk's computer wouldn't work, holding up the whole production. I suggested she turn it off and on again, which surprised her. But to her astonishment, it fixed the problem and we all went on her way. That made me feel good.

This afternoon I confronted two of the three students involved in the possible cheating. I think it went well. This evening my brother-in-law Steve and his family of four are coming down for the Thanksgiving holiday. That will be fun.


231/170

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home