.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Even harder Tuesday

Sometime around 5 I guess I fell asleep, and then I overslept until 9! I dashed into work without a shower or a decent breakfast, and that threw off my whole day.
Classes went well, but I had to rush to get prepared. There was a lot of office politics making the atmosphere unhappy at work.

I did have a good talk with two of my mentors about how to handle the cheating problem. Basically they endorsed my plan.
Then, in the afternoon, I got a wonderful phone call A professor from St Bonaventure University called to thank me for writing my textbook. He said it was exactly the kind of book he has been looking for. I was overjoyed. He really made my day. It was great to hear from him.

(I never would have everslept if I had this nifty John Deere alarm clock) ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim Rice said...

I love that "nifty John Deere alarm clock", too. Some of my nephews would really enjoy it also.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home