.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Thursday, hard but good

Thursdays are always hard, but this was a particularly good one. I had an appointment with Dr. Adams in the early morning, and got to work by 9:30. There were student advising appointments and a great English class. I just asked if they had any questions about the research paper, and they peppered me with excellent questions. Then there was a MainSheet meeting and journalism class, which also went well. After that, a student, Christen Moynahan interviewed me for an oral history project. She is fascinated with the 1960s, and I have a lot of stories about them. I enjoy talking about it, and she seems to be enjoying the stories. It should make a good paper for her. In the evening I had my media ethics class, and it was great. Since I let them go home early lat week, I filled the class with lots of activities this time. We discussed the second book, we discussed the Judith Miller Case, I had them each write a question for me, and I answered them, and then I called on each student in turn to tell about eh scholarly journal article he or she brought in. It was a very productive and educational experience all around.
The only problem is that I was so excited by the great class that I had a lot of trouble falling asleep Thursday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home