.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Feeling better

1 p.m.: Saturday I woke up around 11 feeling a little better. I'm not out of the woods, but I felt better. I took a shower and put on clean clothes. Barbara changed the bed. It's time to get better.

I figured out I have three big priorities I need to address seriously: Spiritually, I need to stabilize my daily practice, which has gotten irregular. Also I will work with the three aspirants to look deeply at what ordination means. That will give me the opportunity to do that too. Professionally, I need to finish the three books I am writing. That includes the book of haiku, the spiritual book (Along the Path), and the novel (Wither the Revolution). And personally, I need to get and stay healthy by getting plenty of rest, eating right and exercising regularly. I think that means more than running. I need to do some other exercises too, including yoga. I also need to work on my family life and caring for my home and yard. But, in addition to those goals, I also need to keep up with my regular teaching duties, which means grading papers this afternoon.

10 p.m.: I did several hours of grading, getting all my English and Journalism papers graded. That feels good. I still have more to do tomorrow.


(194/170)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home