.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Sunny Sunday!

Hooray! I woke up this morning to bright sunshine and blue skies.
It sure seems better when the sun is shining.
I was lazy and just had a leisurely breakfast and read the paper in the morning. In the afternoon I graded papers.
Alison called to ask if I waned to go for a run, but I feel like I am coming down with a cold, so I decided to skip the run. I need to spend the time grading papers, anyway.
Barbara is researching Dell laptops for me. My current Dell laptop is about five years old, and it is getting slower and slower. I think the processor is fried. I have tried all the software solutions I can think of, but nothing helps. I would love a new computer for my birthday. Barbara is seeing what kind of a deal she can find.

The sangha in the evening was excellent. We had 13 people, including three young men from Sandwich High School, who saw us on the Internet. They stayed behind and asked questions for half an hour after the sitting.
After dinner (chicken soup) I watched some of West Wing, but turned it off when i got a call from my dear old friend Charlie Dawes, who went to Marietta College with me in the '60s. We will see Charlie next weekend, since he still lives in Marietta and we are returning for homecoming.
(173/175)

1 Comments:

Blogger g00d_news said...

Hi Jim,

I recommend No Time for Colds
especially to teachers I meet.
http://www.notimeforcolds.blogspot.com/

I hope it can help, if not this time, next time you feel a cold coming on.

A product of SmartScience Laboratories, Inc.
____________________________________
For more information, feel free to contact me.
(In my other life I have been a publisher of positive news:
http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/

Geri Weis-Corbley
PR Internet Strategies
Good News Media, Inc.
1 (866) Good News

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home