.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Long, hard Thursday

As always, Thursday was hard. I got up early and got into work around 8:30. I stopped by Dunkin Donuts and used the gift certificate I won in a raffle to buy a dozen doughnuts for the department. IN English we watched a DVD of Schoolhouse Rock, and the a.v. equipment really worked this time. Then I had several student appointments, and missed the MainSheet meeting. Soon it was time for journalism, and we did a free-writing game. I had more student appointments after that. Then I had to get ready for media ethics class. A few minutes before that class started, several of the students in that class who are also taking a math class just before it came to complain about a terrible math test. They called it "the math test from hell." They were all really burned out form it. I decided to give them a break by cutting short my media ethics class. So we all got to go home early. I watched "Everwood" and enjoyed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home