.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Busy Tuesday

I was busy all day. I stopped on my way into work to pick up shirts at the laundry and had a nice talk with the woman there about Veterans Day, Friday. She will be closed, as will the college. Her husband is a veteran, as am I. I got all prepared for the English class, where the dean was observing me. It went well, and he gave me an excellent evaluation. Journalism class proved very interesting too, especially when we got into a discussion of shock jock Howard Stern. To my surprise, several women in the class defended his show. I didn't get home until nearly 6 p.m.

(157/172)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home