.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Happy birthday to me!

Today is my 57th birthday. Early in the morning I took a brisk walk with Janet. Then I came into work and taught two classes. On the way to work I stopped by the bank to make a deposit. When I was supposed to write the date on the deposit envelope I wrote "11/01/48," because I am so used to writing my date of birth. After "11/01... " I just automatically wrote, "48." At lunchtime my colleagues in the department sang "Happy Birthday" and brought out a tray of cheese with a birthday candle. That was so nice! In the evening, Janet, Marcia and Mom took me out to dinner at my favorite place, the Marshside, and I had salmon. At home they brought out a fantastic birthday cake. It was a Black Forest whipped cream cake from Creative Baking. It was amazing! They gave me some lovely presents and cards. My son Ben called me from Asheville. It was great hearing form him. We were all very tired. We watched "Commander in Chief" and went to bed right after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home