.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Another long Thursday

I got up and had a good breakfast this morning. I was glad I did the grading and reading for my media ethics class last night. It is crisp and clear today.

English class was a disaster because I had planned to show a DVD of "Schoolhouse Rock" with great songs like "Conjunction Junction, What's Your Function?" Unfortunately we had equipment problems, so I was unable to show the recording at all. Oh well.

In journalism we did the Playing with Leads game, and everybody enjoyed it very much. Then I went to a meeting of the Cape cod Interfaith Coalition, and we made good progress toward getting organized. The evening class went well, too. We had a guest speaker, Scott Lajoie of Cape cod Magazine.

When I got home Barbara was home, back form her week-long trip to North Carolina. She brought some spectacularly beautiful pictures of Nathaniel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home