.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Wednesday night party

On Wednesday I had two good classes and did some work on my online class. The student from New Orleans who arrived late is finally onboard.
In the evening, Barbara and I got ready for her trip to Asheville. We went through all the bills and paid the urgent ones. Then we loaded up the van with furniture for Brandon's new apartment down there and some winter clothes for him. Then she packed her own clothes. Finally, around 10 p.m. we had a party. When we were first married, we used to cheer ourselves up by having little parties for the two of us that features Plumrose sliced ham, little finger rolls, Ruffles and sour cream and onion dip. It usually includes Sparkling Burgundy or Cold Duck too, but I gave up drinking in 1990, so I got myself some sparkling cider and also got a bottle of cold duck for Barbara. We had a fun time reminiscing about old times when we used to do this. Around 10:30 Barbara's cousin Janet arrived and joined the party. She will be helping take care of Barbara's mother while Barbara is out of town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home