.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Soggy Monday

Oh no, not more rain!
On Monday morning Brandy and Christina packed up and headed for the Poconos. Barbara and I did some housecleaning, and then I went to have lunch with my dear friend Steve. He and I try to have lunch every Monday. We have a great relationship. We talked about getting the Interfaith Coalition organized and about supporting each other in our writing projects.

In the early afternoon Gary and Sue Carson arrived. We took them out for a walk at Fort Hill, and then to the beach at Coast Guard Light. Later they took us out to dinner at The Marshside.
We had a pleasant talk that evening, but we were all tired and retired early.

I just ran this through the spell checker, and it did not recognize "Marshside." It suggested changing it to "Marxist." That's wonderful becasue when Gary and I were in college, we used to call him "Trotsky" -- only partly because of the physical resemblance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home