.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Wednesday at work

In the morning I picked up my Mitsubishi ("Mitch") from the service station, where they repaired the exhaust system so it could pass inspection. While we were there we got the same folks to inspect my mother-in-law's car, which passed, despite some significant rust. Whew!

I spent the day at work. I got to help several students, including one with multiple disabilities who will require significant accommodations in order to make it through one class. Right after that, I helped a gifted student who is getting college credit for the advanced-placement courses she took in high school. I love the wide range of students we serve at a community college. It is not a cookie-cutter approach.

In the evening I went to the Wednesday-evening running group at the high school. It was fun to see my old friends there. We ran for about an hour. Half was a long, slow warm-up, and half was speedwork on the track.

The news from New Orleans is so tragic. Apparently it is all much worse that we thought. How awful

(Running: five miles)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home