.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Wonderful News!

I do not have lung cancer.
Of course I knew the chances were slim, but still it was a tremendous relief to get the test results that prove that the little nodule in my lung is not cancer. I saw Dr. Slater at 9:30 a.m., and he told me the good news. I called my wife and then went to work at the college. IN the afternoon, lots of family members gathered for my mother-in-law's 87th birthday. Her son Steve and his wife and two daughters came down from Milford, and her niece Janet came down form New Hampshire. Her friend Sam walked up the street to join us for a big celebration dinner. We laughed and had a good time until late at night.
I was tired because I had gotten up and run for the 5th day in a row
(145/173)
(Running: 3 miles)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home