.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Good friends

Today was a day to reconnect with some good friends.
I got up and did my good morning routine again for the third day in a row. I'm on a roll.
After my run I got a call from my running buddy Alison, who I haven't seen in a couple of weeks. We met for tea and a walk on the beach. It was great to see her again. Then I went into work, and chatted with our department chair, Lore, and secretary, Cindy. I did some work preparing for the new semester. Then I had lunch with Jane, who heads up the Suffolk University Communication program on Cape Cod. We ran into Jim, who directs the hospitality program, and I introduced Jane and Jim, who have a lot in common. We talked about starting a television program that could involve all three of our programs. On the way back to my office, my good friend Dan, who teaches philosophy, called to me form a second-story window. I went up and talked with him for a while, which was wonderful. Dan's book is coming out in a couple of weeks. I am so happy for him. On the way back I ran into Ann, who just dropped her son off at college. We talked about that for a while. After I got back to my office, I completed more work. Later John, another English professor and fellow Buddhist, stopped by and we caught up on what we had been doing all summer. It was wonderful to see so many dear friends all in one day. Best of all, I even got some work done.

(187/172)
(Running: 3 miles)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home