.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

SNACCIM lunch

A few years ago I thought it would be a good idea to meet other student newspaper advisers at community colleges in Massachusetts. I even thought it would make a great acronym -- SNACCIM! It never really got off the ground then. I tried contacting others but the response was underwhelming. Then, last October, I met Amy from Northern Essex at a convention in Nashville. The next month, she and I met for lunch. Last spring, we collected two others -- Sue and Rose, and we all had lunch in Acton. Today the four of us met for a second time, and each meeting is better then the one before. We all have so much in common that it helps tremendously to share experiences and solutions to common problems. We are planning another lunch here on Cape Cod Sept. 23. I have to get to work organizing that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home