.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Back to work

This morning I got up at 6. I did not, however, meditate or run because I was in a hurry to get breakfast and get into my office. I wanted to clear out my e-mail and get organized before my 9:30 a.m. meeting with the internship candidate and coordinator. It was great having a long, hot shower in my own, familiar shower at home.

The internship meeting went well, and I also had lunch with two friends, both of whom are deans at the college. After that I returned home and finished unpacking from the trip and getting organized at home. In the evening I headed for the regular Wednesday night running group at the high school.

The running group was a lot of fun. It was the last run of the summer, so we were all in a festive mood. At one point, when our coach, Kevin, said it was time for the last run of the last piece of speed work on the track, everyone clapped, cheered and whooped and hollered. That made us all laugh. Then we ran as fast as we could for the last two minutes. It was a lot of god-natured, healthy, sweaty fun.

(183/170)
(Running: six miles)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home